- AUTHENTIC 16" (40 cm) paella pan made in Valencia, Spain.
- HIGH-QUALITY professional quality paella pan made from an extra-thick and heavy-duty grade of carbon steel Professional grade carbon steel is extra thick and durable and conducts heat well; Requires a bit of maintenance after washing. Pata Negra paella pans are made from an extra-thick and heavy-duty grade of carbon steel.
- DURABLE It can withstand direct heat without overheating, so it's a good choice for restaurants, or home cooks who plan to give their pan a good workout.
- CONVENIENT IDEAL for beginning paella cooks and fits well over most large standard burners. It's a good choice for restaurant kitchens, or for home cooks who expect to give their pan a good workout.
- Ideal for serving 4 to 6 people.
- Safe for use on stovetop, oven, or on a gas or charcoal grill. It fits well over most large standard burners. It can also be used in the oven and on all types of grills.
- Please note: This paella pan does not have a perfectly flat bottom; therefore, it may not be ideal for induction or ceramic stovetops.
- REQUIRES special maintenance. See Paella Pan Care for details. To properly care for the pan, you must dry it well immediately after washing. Do not let it air dry. Then lightly coat the inside with a bit of vegetable oil to seal the surface.
- Pan dimensions: Bottom diameter: 14”, Top diameter: 16.25”, Diameter (with handles): 20.5”, Depth (outside): 2”
- The pan comes with an informative pamphlet that contains two recipes, tips for perfect paella, and care instructions.
Carbon steel pans will rust if not properly maintained in this way after each use. If you forget to seal the pan and it does rust, steel wool will take it off. No harm done.
Expect the pan to get darker in color after use. This is normal.